Experts in Rotating Energy
Revitalize Your Equipment: Expert Repair Services for Optimal Performance and Longevity
When you need experience, we have it covered.
Located in the center of the Netherlands, EMRI Repair offers all facilities required to perform all repairs to electric motors and generators in a competent and professional manner.
We pride ourselves on the quality and flexibility that we offer our customers. To be able to guarantee this we have implemented the ISO 9001-2015 system in our organisation, certified by DNV.
In 2018 we set a new Vacuum Pressure Impregnation (VPI) installation at EMRI Repair B.V. With a diameter of 2.5 meters and a height of 4 meters, this is the largest VPI installation located in the Netherlands.
When a motor or generator has been fitted with new windings, it is very important that all insulating materials are impregnated with a special insulating varnish. Impregnating the windings using a VPI process creates the optimum conditions to preserve the windings and insulation materials.
Instead of immersing the rewound machines in the insulating varnish under atmospheric pressure, the VPI process will first create a vacuum inside the impregnation tank. During this vacuum phase, all residual moisture will vaporise. Subsequently, varnish is added to the windings and insulation under vacuum. After the vacuum phase, the impregnation tank is put under overpressure. During this overpressure phase, the varnish is pressed deep inside the windings. The VPI process prevents air being entrapped inside the windings.
Compared to a standard impregnation method of immersing, the VPI process ensures a much higher insulation quality and longer life of rewound machines.
Modern electrical installations, such as high-voltage generators, windturbine generators or frequency controlled motors, require higher insulation quality and improved durability. These demands are met using the VPI process.
With this investment, EMRI is taking a huge step forward in improving the quality and service for its customers.
Experts in overhaul
Our repair facilities
- Storage facilities with a floor area of 1250m2
- Well-equipped winding department with a floor area of 500m2
- Pyrolysis furnace
- Drying and baking furnaces
- Impregnating facilities
- Winding machines for production of round wire windings
- Winding machine for winding of armatures (pole wheel) up to 3 metres long
- Production equipment for form-wound coils with profiled wire
- Mechanical workshop for working on collectors
- Machine shop for repair of shafts and bearing shells
- Balancing benches for dynamic balancing up to 3 tonnes
- Crane gantries with lifting capacity up to 40 tonnes
- Test field for loaded testing of motors and generators
- Test field to test grid parallel operation of several generators simultaneously
- A modern workshop with a floor area of 2500m2
Every overhaul is closed off by an extensive test at our test field.
We can guarantee you, and you can be assured, that your machine is fully ready for operation again.
Latest Updates and Insights
Here, we bring you the freshest updates, exciting developments, and insightful articles from our industry.
Transform Your Energy Solutions Today
EMRI is your partner in navigating the complex world of generators and electric motors. Join us in driving innovation and efficiency in your industry.